Jeff Segol has devoted his entire career to analyzing local government operations and performance, as a consultant since 1994, and as a journalist prior to that. He has extensive experience analyzing contract administration, purchasing functions, fixed-post institutional staffing, legislative analysis, election management, emergency services, criminal justice functions, capital project management, health services, and general administrative functions. He has conducted project work in Santa Clara County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, the State of Illinois, and other jurisdictions. Mr. Segol holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science (Phi Beta Kappa) from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Master of Science degree in Journalism from Northwestern University.
- Limited Scope Management Audit, Emergency Medical Services Response Time, Fire Department of the City of San Jose
- Annual Review and Estimation of Public Safety Sales Tax, 1991-92 Realignment and 2011 Realignment Revenues for the County of Santa Clara
- Review of Direct Pay Purchasing Methods for the County of Santa Clara
- Management Audit of the Office of Pretrial Services of the County of Santa Clara
- Review of Countywide Cell Phone Authorization, Use and Oversight
- Review of the San Jose Police Department Central Identification Unit