Evan Bell is a Senior Analyst who has worked at Harvey M. Rose Associates, LLC since the spring of 2014. He has knowledge of local, state, and federal policy, including telephone rate charges in prisons, state and local budget law, and local policies on property tax appeals, as well as experience in covering budget and policy analyses for news media outlets and the County of Santa Clara. Prior to joining Harvey M. Rose Associates, Mr. Bell worked as a reporter at the Hollister Free Lance in Hollister, CA. While there, he reported on city and county government, including reviews of budgetary matters and local tax campaigns related to education and San Benito County’s general fund. Before that, Mr. Bell worked as a wire news reporter for Arizona State University’s Cronkite News Service in Washington, D.C., reporting on news stories on Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court, and the White House that had implications for the state of Arizona. Mr. Bell received his Master’s degree in mass communications from Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Politics and Philosophy from Lake Forest College.
- Management Audit, Santa Clara County Office of the Assessor
- Management of Matrix of Santa Clara County Jail Reforms
- Santa Clara County Budget Process Review
- Management Audit, Santa Clara County Inmate Welfare Fund
- Santa Clara County Risk Assessment review, FY 2014-15 and FY 2015-16
- Budget Analysis of the Santa Clara County Department of Planning and Development $3.2 million FY 2015-16 budget
- City and County of Riverside Police Officer Association review of general fund balances and retirement funding