The San Jose office of Harvey M. Rose Associates, LLC has two immediate openings for Analyst/Senior Analyst positions. Under general direction, these positions are responsible for conducting complex analyses or performance audits of public-sector departments, programs, legislation and budgets necessary to persuade public bodies to take action to solve complex problems. We also provide investigative services to our clients. Qualified applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Public Policy, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Define data needs for analysis and efficiently collect data from appropriate sources, effectively interview personnel to obtain appropriate data and understand complex processes and interpret applicable laws, regulations and academic or industry research, and conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify the causes of problems and develop feasible solutions.
• Communicate professionally in different settings, including meetings with clients, program staff, and project supervisors and colleagues, and present results of analyses at public hearings.
• Prepare clear, accurate, concise and persuasive written reports and memoranda for clients and the public.
• Exercise excellent judgement, including the ability to maintain confidentiality, follow procedures to prohibit unauthorized access to sensitive data, and operate in a public- sector environment.
• Exhibit strong time-management skills to work efficiently and productively, whether in teams or independently.
• Work well with others and accept direction.
• Ask difficult questions, state uncomfortable facts, and drive needed change.
• Use Microsoft Excel and Word proficiently.
Preferred skills and traits:
• Investigative skills.
• Leadership skills.
• A high degree of curiosity and persistence.
• Ability for “big picture” thinking while being detail oriented.
• Knowledge of local government operations, funding mechanisms and/or contracting.
• Proficiency with data analysis and/or visualization tools, such as Tableau and creativity in depicting information visually.
• Accounting, auditing, process improvement or change management skills or experience.
• Experience and/or training in developing survey instruments.
• Experience and/or training in designing statistically valid samples.
• Experience with financial systems and/or budgeting, especially SAP.
• Experience or training with public-sector budgeting.
Although occasional travel, usually within California, may be required, this position will primarily serve a major client based in San Jose. Harvey M. Rose Associates, LLC offers an excellent compensation package, including very competitive salaries, four weeks of paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, generous health and dental insurance, life insurance and other benefits. We are a family-friendly employer.
How to Apply
Send a resume and detailed cover letter describing how your experience and education meet all of the minimum requirements and any of the preferred skills and experience described above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach a substantive audit, study, report, presentation or other product that represents your best work.