We are seeking an experienced individual with a strong analytical and management background to serve as a senior manager of performance audits in our San Jose office. This position would report directly to the firm’s partners and be responsible to support the partners in managing the San Jose office.
This position would be responsible for:
• Planning and managing analytical projects, especially performance audits of local government programs, but also budget analysis and other special studies to assist local policy makers;
• Ensuring high quality reports and public presentations;
• Managing and evaluating staff performance, including ongoing staff development; and
• Participating in companywide planning, administration, marketing and policy development.
Some specific responsibilities of the position include:
• Preparation of multiple major performance/operational audits per year in compliance with “yellow book” government auditing standards
• Conducting sensitive investigations of “whistleblower hotline” complaints
• Conducting special studies of problems or programs, often overlapping departments or jurisdictions
• Writing and editing reports, memos and studies and presenting orally to elected bodies
Although occasional travel, usually within California, may be required, this position will primarily serve a major client based in San Jose. Harvey M. Rose Associates, LLC offers an excellent compensation package, including very competitive salaries, bonuses, four weeks of paid vacation, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, generous health and dental insurance, life insurance and other benefits. We are a family-friendly employer.
• Master’s degree in Public Policy, Business Administration, or other quantitative, analytical discipline
• Demonstrated analytical experience, especially in conducting performance, operational or process audits or studies
• Demonstrated project management and supervisory experience
• Demonstrated understanding of local government operations and best practices
• Advanced MS Office 2013 skills and strong data analysis skills
• Excellent judgment and strong critical thinking skills/ ability to “connect the dots”
• Self-motivated with good time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to digest and interpret voluminous amounts of complex information
• Strong communication skills, especially writing and interviewing skills
• Willingness to tactfully challenge authority
• A high degree of curiosity, persistence, creativity and productivity
How to Apply
Send a resume and detailed cover letter describing how your experience and education meet all of the minimum requirements and any of the preferred skills and experience described above to Cheryl.email@example.com. Attach a substantive audit, study, report, presentation or other product that represents your best work.